I’m in Amsterdam this week visiting my sweet friend Annabel. As we have a lot of infusion-drinking and bike-riding and foraging to attend to, this week’s post is short & sweet, just like this recipe.
Notes to self:
Eat your peas.
Store fresh herbs in water, in the fridge or in a shady spot on your counter.
“Blend”, “def.”, “verb”, 1.4: Form a harmonious combination
Make more harmonious combinations.
- knob ghee
- 1cup fresh green peas, shelled
- 4 sprigs mint, chopped
- 2 stalks wild garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons yogurt, preferably raw
- 1 lemon, juiced
- water, as needed
- pinch salt
- Put cast-iron pan on stove on medium-heat. Add ghee and let melt. Add peas to pan. Cook, stirring every so often, for 5 minutes, until peas are tender.
- Add peas, mint, garlic, yogurt and lemon-juice to blender or food processor or big bowl. Blend or process or mash with a fork all together. Add water as needed to achieve desired consistency. Salt to taste.
Serve as a side-dish, as part of a sandwich, or enjoy on its own.
Mes amis Suisse: